code.share

Monday, December 26, 2005

Winging through time


Today, on a rather uneventful boxing day, I was supposed to go catch a movie but decided to rest at home. However my attempt to sleep late was disrupted by my neighbour's third anniversary commemoration of his late relation.

It was a grand event with a chinese-style dinner in the evening. There was alot of noises "cling clang klong", "ching chang chong" (no wonder the prejudiced terms for chinks) as music (I could bearly force that word out) was played, and burning of incense paper (sio kim jua). As usual, I was this rather inquisitive boy or in less pleasant terms, a "kaypoh kia"

Ahem... anyway I watched as they prepared the roast pigs dish. It was interesting to see the piglets on skewers getting barbequed. The pics below shows the fate of nice fat little pigs.










And below left is the done product! Christmas Swine anyone? Below right is traditionally the 1st dish in Chinese dinners, the cold dish, which usually consists of seasoned baby octopi, yummy!










And while my neighbour was feasting, I had a good meal too.

Menu

Soup du jour, Oriental style duck
Assorted panfried vegetables
Steamed rice
Glass of water

Well... having some quiet time to myself, I could reflect on the year that's almost over. Thinking about my busy year; how it all seems like distant memories yet only like yesturday when it happened. Thinking about all the events good or bad, and how they changed my life, past or present, or more importantly, my future. I would have to say this had been one of the fastest years for me, speeding pass before I could halt. Thinking of the new friends I made and old friendships rekindled, special shoutoutz to Yi Xiang, Stanley and Kyler as well to all my classmates, you guys been real great! And Warren, times may be tough but the tough gets going aite? Below are some of the gifts I received this special Christmas. Thanks alot Jolene, Daniel and Kyler! Well.. I just wanna take all you guys who might be reading this that I treasure our friendship. Do enjoy your final days of 2005 before we embark on a new adventure, together!

"If only I could turn back the hands of time, 'coz I am winging through it too fast, and I don't know how to stop... "


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home