Emergency landings
Talking about bangs... There seems to be a "bang bang bang" crisis this Christmas with two emergency airliner landings yesturday and today in the United States. Yesturday an Air India flight AI136 using a Boeing 747-400 Jumbo Jet burst a tire (bang!) while taking off at 8.33pm in Los Angeles International Airport. It was bound for Frankfurt, Germany and New Delhi, India. I was studying hard (who am i kidding) yesturday whilst watching tv and saw the events unfold. It was dramatic! Let me get some images, courtesy from CBS2 website.
As you can see in pic 1 and 2, the crippled Jumbo Jet (circled in green) is pummelling down the runway after dumping fuel over the ocean (wonder how many sea creatures got fried by the hot fuel... Prawn tempura anyone?) to ensure its light enough to land.
Bang! Look at the sparks! Talk about Christmas lights as the injured airliner continues to speed down the runway. 
After some localised meteor showers at LAX, the plane (plane number VT-AIM, named Sunderbans) finally comes to a halt. A christmas blessing as all 249 passengers and 18 crew are safe. Well, that is after they ran out of that horribly unsafe metal container with wheels (or lack of).
And from the news online, I gathered there was another incident at Boston involving a Midwest Airlines B717 aircraft under flight number 210 with 86 passengers and 4 crew (skimping on stewardesses eh?) on board had problems with landing gear and had to circle the airport to dump fuel before returning to the airport safely.
Sighz.. so much for Emergency bangings (ahem.. landings, pardon moi english). Let me get back to my books... No wait.... I spy on a UFO soaring above my delusions. Code Red! Its an emergency! Come teleport me away from the dire situation that I am chained to. Rescue me.... 'coz I can't claw my way through... (the books that is)



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home