code.share

Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Inflight Entertainment

Today my entertainment programmed began with watching King Kong with Kyler at Plaza Singapura. And... He was late! While waiting, i renewed my love for seashells by buying some Freckled Conch shells at Spotlight.
We managed to catch the movie on time, after a quick meal at Long John Silver's. I kinda like the fries there. Well... King Kong is a pretty good movie for special effects and stunts but quite shallow I guess. I mean there's not really that much depth to it, Anne's deep, lovelorn glaze in her green eyes and King charming Kong's almost human-like brown eyes is about as much depth to it.
I guess alot of excitment in the movies revolves around audiences' fears. And as I list from phobialist.com, the director played on the following phobias; Acarophobia (fear of insects that causes itching), Acrophobia (fear of heights), Agrizoophobia (fear of wild animals), Arachnophobia (fear of spiders, huge cavedwelling ones at that), Hoplophobia (fear of firearms, well.. for the frightful natives) and many others such as fear of being trampled on by spooked sauropods and giant crickets and a scary zombie-like native girl who refuses milk chocolate and of course, fear of the giant (and I mean Giant) silverback gorrilla, King Kong. And for you blonde barbies out there, the fear of being tossed away by a shortsighted and confused simian.
I would give the movie a thumbs up albeit the shallow storyline as the scenes in old New York and the magnificient forests are worth appreciating. I wonder where did they get all those actors who played those scary ruins dwellers from. Their piercings and tangled hair and pupils-rotating trance is enough to put any zombie movie to shame.
Well, after the movie, which lasted 3 freaking hours, we walked around Orchard area, and today, the atmosphere was much more relaxing than the chaos that broke out on Christmas Eve (thankfully there was no King Kong on the loose that day). I notice many teenagers are enjoying their last week of their school holidays before they return to school next week. For me, it's my only week of school holiday, how tragic. Well, below are some photos I shot today, during my day of pure fun and entertainment. Below left, what the "bleep" are the two people doing behind me! My guess is that they are *bleep*ing. Below right, nice birdie birdie!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home