code.share

Saturday, December 31, 2005

flying away

Today is 31 December 2005, the final day of the year. And my plane from Zurich has been delayed! Well... I am alright with it since I will be hanging around at the airport when I arrive in Bangkok anyway.hmmm.. I was wondering why flights from Bangkok had been arriving late for the past few days. I thought it might have been a technical glitch in the computer systems at Don Mueang International Airport (Bangkok). Now I am beginning to wonder if those flights had arrived late in Bangkok to start with. For those of you who don't know, Scandinavian Airlines, Finnair and Swiss International Airlines operates flights from Europe to Singapore with a stopover at Bangkok. (Yeah, and they tend to be cheaper than budget airlines too if you are interested to fly to Bangkok, trust me.) Hence, I pondered if there are snowstorms in Europe or some harsh weather conditions which delayed the flights on their first leg in the first place.

The previous day and 2nd last day of the year, I had to go down to the Traffic Police department to make a statement regarding the taxi accident which I witnessed on the wee hours of the morning on Christmas Day. I learnt that the man has a son overseas and a rather scarred past. He is also in and out of consciousness and had brain surgery. He is 46 years old.

Though we all want to know who's wrong and who's right but what can it do to help a man whose life is hanging on the line. Hang in there buddy, don't let hope fly away.

Later, as I went to Orchard, that fear of being involved in an accident comes to me each time I jaywalk across the road. It's kinda ironic though, that after seeing what happened to the man, I could still commit the same mistake as he did, knowing full well of the consequences. That's the human in all of us I guess. We tend to fear how Butterfly Death could take our loved ones away from us, but pay little heed to our very own departings. To me, this is one of the greatest flaws of humanity. We could just fly away, never returning, without even realising it.

Nevertheless, the Orchard outing was fun with you guys. Thanks! Hanging out and chilling with your pals and having fun is definately the best reward about being a human.

Well, I guess I better go prepare for my flight later. Catch y'all when I get back! Goodbye. And in the official languages of Switzerland; home to the airline I will be taking later, auf wiedersehen. au revoir. arrivederci.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home