Flight towards Darkness
Today had started out quite uneventfully (as most boring Fridays are), so quickly a week of the holidays has slipped by, and I had barely noticed.
Anyway went out with Ronny to Tampines Mall to catch the cool acti0n movie, Underworld Evolution. This seems to be a sequel to Underworld, which sadly I did not watched, hence I had a hard time grasping the roles of the characters. All I know is there is a raging centuries-long war between the vampires and a breed of werewolves, the Lycan, which becomes complicated by the quest of a powerful vampire hybrid Marcus (who looks very similar, or rather, as gross as Spawn) for world domination or so the story goes.
And so it was a job for the tooth (dark) fairy, seductive vampiress Selene, to make things right. Not without help of course. In this case, help comes in the form of a big bad wolf, vampire-X-werewolf Michael. And under Michael's brute strength, sharp claws and hauntingly savage eyes, and Selene's pearly canines and frozen blue death-stare, blooms a pure love between a wolf-boy and a bat-girl. A lucid portrayal of their animal lust was also sprinkled in, in the form of 30seconds of artistic lovemaking in which Kate Beckinsale's protruding features were unfortunately discreetly hidden from the audience. (Luckily they were not coupling in their bestial form though, that would be just plain gruesome. haha)
Anyway, I would say its a good movie where the real story does not lie in the storyline but in the ceaseless and exciting hand-combat and gun-play. Brute strength and cool weaponry do well explosively hand-in-hand. Ghastly scenes of the rabid werewolves and icy vampires being slained dyed the flick with much gore and violence, no wonder the M18 rating. But its the dark grosteque effects which really sparks up the movie I guess. The movie kept me tense right till the ending.
And as a fan of the realm of darkness, I enjoyed the stygian screenplay. There was no better way to close the week~
~than to witness the bloodthirsty nightrealm filled with the cry of the werewolves and the flight of the vampires...
o~ before I forget, thanks to Ron for the invite! =]
Anyway went out with Ronny to Tampines Mall to catch the cool acti0n movie, Underworld Evolution. This seems to be a sequel to Underworld, which sadly I did not watched, hence I had a hard time grasping the roles of the characters. All I know is there is a raging centuries-long war between the vampires and a breed of werewolves, the Lycan, which becomes complicated by the quest of a powerful vampire hybrid Marcus (who looks very similar, or rather, as gross as Spawn) for world domination or so the story goes.
And so it was a job for the tooth (dark) fairy, seductive vampiress Selene, to make things right. Not without help of course. In this case, help comes in the form of a big bad wolf, vampire-X-werewolf Michael. And under Michael's brute strength, sharp claws and hauntingly savage eyes, and Selene's pearly canines and frozen blue death-stare, blooms a pure love between a wolf-boy and a bat-girl. A lucid portrayal of their animal lust was also sprinkled in, in the form of 30seconds of artistic lovemaking in which Kate Beckinsale's protruding features were unfortunately discreetly hidden from the audience. (Luckily they were not coupling in their bestial form though, that would be just plain gruesome. haha)
Anyway, I would say its a good movie where the real story does not lie in the storyline but in the ceaseless and exciting hand-combat and gun-play. Brute strength and cool weaponry do well explosively hand-in-hand. Ghastly scenes of the rabid werewolves and icy vampires being slained dyed the flick with much gore and violence, no wonder the M18 rating. But its the dark grosteque effects which really sparks up the movie I guess. The movie kept me tense right till the ending.
And as a fan of the realm of darkness, I enjoyed the stygian screenplay. There was no better way to close the week~
~than to witness the bloodthirsty nightrealm filled with the cry of the werewolves and the flight of the vampires...
o~ before I forget, thanks to Ron for the invite! =]



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home