code.share

Friday, February 10, 2006

Aviation Flu

was flipping through this magazine "ezyhealth & beauty" which I found lying around my computer table. (muz have been my sister's). Anyway they showed a picture of Suzanne Jung on the cover. Instead of a picture-perfect pose, she looked like some exhausted toilet ah-zhu-ma! (which I believe is Korean for auntie) She definately looks better on-screen than on-print.
Anyway the article was quite interesting and I learnt alot more about this newspresenter that greets me (and a busload of people on tvmobile) a cheery "good morning" everyday. I am quite fascinated by the fate that she, being a Korean, can speak excellent English. Not to stereotype but most Koreans, in my opinion, are generally poor in any non-native language (in other words, Korean for Koreans only).
The article had also described Suzanne in a rather interesting manner, "Jung's fair skin, sweet looks and demure, impeccably groomed demeanour marks her as the very epitome of the fabled Korean feminine decorum and chic". Well said indeed. However Suzanne's picture, which is said to speak a thousand words, plainly spoke the ugly truth.
Well, ugly as the truth is, as I quote from the article, " 'I am seeing someone right now,' she says somewhat shyly, a slight smile playing on her lips." Well, there you go.
Anyway, today, dear Suzanne, looking quite pretty onscreen as usual was informing me on the outbreak of Avian flu in Nigeria: the deadly virus had hit the crumbling walls of Africa. A continent hapless and inable to defend herself from the plague. It's getting scary what's going to happen of the H5N1 virus. After terrorising and petrifying many Asian dragons, attacking at the fortified stone fortress of Europe and now devastated Africa is under seige, could this Avian flu be detrimental to the progress of humanity? Could humanity be forced to take a step back after all the development in technology and medical science? I fear to uncover the truth. It is definately best left hidden.
Anyway, feeling down and blue on my last day of school, so I decided to catch a little Aviation flu of my own and head down to the Airport to shoot some photos. I was there from 10.30am - 6.30pm. You wanna know why? I was waiting for United Airlines flight UA896 (bound for Hong Kong, Chicago and Philadelphia) to depart from its gate, which it had been there all day after I supposed a "little" technical delay. Well, after waiting for 7 hours, that metal bitch (plane number N196UA) took off at 6.09pm, almost 12 hours past its scheduled departure time of 6.45AM. Well, it was worth each second for me. Pity the passengers whom I can swear they will swear they won't be taking United again!

That's that old disgusting machine disguised by United's new livery. Love you though! *muack*

Anyway, at the airport, I met some rather interesting people. Including an Indian auntie cleaner who spoke flawless hokkien! If it was a phone conversation, I would have presumed she's Chinese. Extraordinary! Well... I was inspired to take up Malay. Maybe during my holidays. I had also met and spoken to this elderly Scotman from Aberdeen, Scotland. He had went to New Zealand for a holiday and now was doing some planespotting in Singapore. He definately had the typical Celtic accent (ye ye ye) and we had a hard time comprehending one another. Nice person to talk to though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home