Air New Zealand

Who else! After donning an old pair of blue jeans, slapping on a casual blue shirt (yep, wearing blue from head to toe to counter the Monday blues), with my faithful camera in tow, thus effectively transforming myself to a geeky aviation freak. Feeling empowered by my new nerdy image, off I went to explore the world of the Air NZ fair at Suntec City.
It was located at the entrance to Suntec City, and quite a small event though still quite a good one. It was for the promotion of their new aircraft, Boeing B777-200 ER (Extended Range) between the Auckland-Singapore route. There were Air New Zealand personnel (very friendly), some dressed in their airline uniforms, and even real seats ripped from the plane. I had a fun time shooting pictures and talking to the roadshow promoters (being in the airplane geek identity that I was in).
Geeky me trying out the Economy class seats:

Nice array of airline ammenities. Can I have that porcelain cup for souvenir? Would love to add it to my bounty of stolen airline cutlery. haha!
And that's me with my wife. LoL.. Nah... she's an Air New Zealand stewardess! What a gorgeous girl... *drools*
Some stuff I got from the fair:
I enjoyed myself alot. It did help to clear my mind on some stuff. New Zealand seems to be a very beautiful place, (not to mention great airline). And as this promoter (she's from Hong Kong but had migrated to New Zealand when she was young) told me, New Zealand is different from bustling Singapore with all the shopping. I guess it might definately be a good getaway for the hectic lifestyle of a rotting Business Student. Perhaps I want to visit the Land-of-the-Middle-Earth someday.
Anyway, after terrorising the exhibition with my camera, I had to go back to school to collect my script for my Japanese roleplay from my Sensei. Enroute, I was outside the CityLink Mall entrance,
before the overhead bridge to Suntec City, 
where the artificial koi pond was. Whenever I am there, I will always look out for this big pink fish, I believe is a Giant Gourami, who always look so lonely. Whilst the other koi and luohan are swimming around happily, this big pinky fish, which I have decided to nickname him BubbleGum for his colour, always seem so lonely, most of the time hiding in between the flower pots that are submerged in the pond. Bubblegum is a tough guy though, as I observed, chasing other fish that ventures into his private space. Anyway, stay cool Bubblegum, and be happy always.
Anyway, I went back to school and I was quite happy that Sensei complimented my script as original and good. I definately felt the sense of achievement, not to mention the sense of victory! I typed out my script at the computer lab. (since I don't have MS word at home. too bad so sad) Then I was glad Ronny was still in school and it was a good bus ride to Tampines with a friend. What a Monday. If only everyday was like this. (No school that is).
"feel inspired to take a journey to an extraordinary place"?
Hell yeah.









1 Comments:
Hey, the exhibition looks cool. Do you get to try the food they serve on the plane too? (:
By
J.K, at 5:42 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home