code.share

Saturday, January 21, 2006

EVA Air

Waking up still feeling really shagged after my hairy week. However, after logging onto the internet and surfing through Changi Airport's website, I was tossing on my shirt and jeans and scrambling out the house to board the bus to the airport.
Why?
EVA Air flight 225 from Taipei was landing at 11.47am and I didn't want to miss the opportunity to take a photo of her. So in a rather frenzied state, I, psychologically ignorant of the weariness of my physical self, hastedly stuffed my camera into a bag and off I rushed.
It was a race between my bus and the plane. Who would reach the airport first?
I was glad the bus uncle was speedier than the EVA Air pilot.
The plane landed as scheduled and I was glad to be present to witness the green giant as she lumbered rather quickly to the boarding gate. EVA Air or ChangRong HangKong operates daily flights to Singapore but I am still happy to catch her all the same. Here's some shots of her:

A ivory-emerald jewel which would grace Changi International for about 1 hour 10mins before departing for her home again.
So I stayed on until she left. In the meantime, I talked to other aviation lovers there, two of them my buddies and shot pictures of other planes which were present there at that time.

Yup, Biman Bangladesh Airlines and Pakistan International Airlines.


The airport has always have held a special place in my heart as it's a magical mix of emotions that fills the air; sadness of a departing farewell, happiness in the warmth of the breath of a missed loved one, and much more. The airport is the start of a journey, be it holiday or business or a life-changing event. It is also the end, the return to home, where the heart truely is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home