Saudi Arabian Airlines
ha!
And as you might have guessed from my title, it was Saudi Arabian Airlines Flight SV826 from Riyadh, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. I gotta say that Saudi Arabian Airlines has one of the most spectacular liveries (design on the plane's body). Flight SV826 was scheduled to stop over in Singapore for about 1h 15mins before departing for Jakarta, landing in Singapore at 9.45am and departing at 11.00am.
And guess what, it was to send my favourite aircraft on this route, B747-400 according to it's website, hence I was pretty excited, despite my camera being on "leave" with my parents on their Nanjing/Shanghai/Hangzhou holiday. So I borrowed my sis' cam and made the long pilgrimage (about 1 n 1/2 slow hours) to Changi International Airport.
There I had a quick breakfast at Burger King before proceeding to the viewing mall, where I witnessed the descent of the legendary Arabian horse. Handsome and strong, he strided flawlessly onto the runway (at 9.23am) and cantered proudly to the boarding gate. A magnificient beast, I'll tell you.
And me, out shot my camera (or rather my sis' camera) and click! click! click! as I snapped away happily at the resting beast of burden, as the aunty brigade boarded to clean him up before his next mission.
As he arrived earlier than usual, I was thrilled that he would be departing earlier than scheduled too. As I was having a tight schedule (I have a lecture at 11am), I wanted to get as much pictures of the fine stallion as I possibly could.
I did get some. And ladies and gentlemen, I present, my prized cow (erm.. mare?) and the mighty workhorse of Saudi Arabian Airlines!
Well, the great steed was racing speedily ahead of schedule for its next flight, I, on the other hand, was running late for my lecture, literally. It was 10.45am when I left the airport. After scrambling up a bus to Tampines, getting down and rushing to the opposite bus stop to catch another to my school, then with much haste, speeding down the corridor until I reached my lecture hall. I was...
...not on time of course. But not that I missed anything much. The lecturer was still on the first slide. I was relieved. Relieved that I need no magic flying carpet.
The sun was soon obsured by dark clouds again and rains threatened. But the day went along fine. 2 lectures, a 2 hour lunch break, and doing alittle project with classmates Zul and Wai Yiu later, I was on my way home, to my Haji break! It's gonna be a good rest for me.
My sister and I ordered pizza which was delivered (surprisingly) very quickly. It tasted good, and I relished the pizza with delight, feasting like a sheik on the oil-rich norishment (Yeah, I had to drink alot of liquids later, pizzas dehydrate me way faster than the Sahara Desert).
Anyway, I caught 13 going on 30 on HBO at 9pm. It was a good, warm movie I felt. I guess it's like sending a message that, even if you have everything you wanted, can you be truely happy inside. And more importantly, we can't change our past, but we definately can change our future by changing our present. The past, how hurtful or scarring, should not handicap us in our pursuit to change our life or live our dreams. And I really loved Jennifer Garner's character as Jenna Rink. She's got spirit yeah! hmmm.. and like all fairytale movies, those magic sands (or maybe an efreeti/jinniyah) granted her the wish to go back to when she was 13 again. Most of us don't have that privilege, so I guess the movie communicates to us that we should not take what we have for granted, you don't know you got it till you lose it. (Well, for Jenna, it was Matt, her best "arrivederci" "au revoir" razzles-loving childhood friend, and her Mom and Dad) Do you take your friends and family for granted? I know I do. :(
I also notice the movie also protrays some rather unfortunate sides of the venusian kind.
1. Once a biatch, always a biatch. (in the case of 13 yr old i-got-a-nose-job-10-years-later-and-they-stopped-calling-me-Tom-Tom Lucy Wyman)
2. Hell hath no fury as a scorned woman (biatch). (Never mess up a blonde magazine editor (again Lucy)'s promotion strategies)
3. The ability to spit poison on a rival. ("You are making so little money that you have to come to our party for a free meal, don't forget to put the crab in your bag" *or something to that extent* by of course, our good evil friend Miss Lucy)
and lastly
4. Unfortunately for us guys, girls' dreams do come true. (I am still talking about the movie, so beat it)
And the soundtrack's fantastic if you ask me. Great music goes with great movies. I would give it a thumb's up for this fun, romantic comedy. The light-hearted sweet flick with a deeper "what-if-i-could-change-back-time" post-movie reflection sure leaves you in a smile at the thought how could you, as your own personal wish-granter, change your life, if not for the better; for your dreams. I would recommend it. =)
And now, I will be off to bed now. It has been one good day, and I am sure going to enjoy my quiet sacred Arabian Night.
"I feel like I've been locked up tight
For a century of lonely nights
Waiting for someone
To release me..." - Christina Aguilera's "Genie in a Bottle"
Laila Tiaba



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home