code.share

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

End of an era

Today is the last Wednesday of the strainous school semester. School have indeed winded down and I am slowly but surely morphing back to my previous self, from the wreck that I have become in the course of this semester.

Stress! Stress! Stress! Stress! Stress!

What's an education without stress? Just like what's a bird without its wings? Can an education really take off without its wings of stress? Oh, for all the blood and tears I shed in Polytechnic. Whatever for? A tangible certificate? Or an unbroken promise to achieve my dreams?

I would like to go for the former. For me, my dreams had been shattered the moment I stepped into this semester. What I had imagined of a course which I so bravely opted for, knowingly its terribly demanding nature, turned out to be a nightmare rather than a dream come true. In my angst and pain, who am I to blame? The school for deceit and providing a false impression? Myself for the naive self that I am? My heart for following a destiny it always wanted?

The last question only reveals that my heart is shattered, like a million pieces of glass. Unmendable, and hurts all who tries to pick up the pieces. I guess only me and I can nurse my wounds. Hidden from sight, hidden from the world outside.

Yet broken and torn, I still had a fun time in school. What I enjoyed most is giving my best to help my groupmates. Despite knowing that the future is bleak for me, I just wanted to help them out to make their journey at least easier. It gave me a sense of purpose and this purpose made healing somewhat easier. I also enjoyed the fun times we shared. I guess, even if one is maimed and dying, friendship is what can ferry him to his final port of call.

So, as the semester ceases to exist, did I regret following my dreams blindly? Maybe. But thanks to those who helped me to see and breathe again. It had been an amazing journey. Blindness do not affect your ability to walk ahead, with the support of your sturdy walking stick, your friends and most importantly, your will to endeavour.

Thanks for the happy memories. Till we meet again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home