code.share

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Pee Bee L

HRM roleplay presentation.
What a comical sizzle to the end of our terrible module. I was glad to have survived the mystery of the unknown: the deadly FILA (for those of you who thinks its "Falling in love again", believe me, you can fall in love as many times as you want, but you won't wanna do FILA ever! Once is more than enough)
Like a hunter, I was forced to seek out sacred text in the immense 9th floor jungle, patrolled by librarians seeking out those who don't bring home the leadened books, pressing some strange unknown device on your precious, commanding at the same time, "Are you borrowing this, I am taking statistics"
I guess when it comes to the library, everyone's on a quest for answers, even their librarian guardians.
Anyway, it was a tough battle against the faceless enemy, other Biz students who scrambled to loan the recommended text and booked them well in advance... Well, I have heard of the early bird catches the worm. But when it comes to PBL learning, its the early leopard that gobbles the early bird. Its a jungle out there!

Glad the jungle book is now closed (for now at least). I thoroughly enjoyed our skit practicing sessions, aside from grooming ourselves to be superstars (*coughs*), we also engaged in much fun and laughter. As they always say, laughter is the best medicine...
...Even if you are bitten by the PBL snake) hisssssssssssssssssssssss

When it came to the moment of truth, the roleplay itself, we had as much fun as we were practicing it, though it was mating season for the butterflies in my stomach, I was glad we pulled it off, nice and loud. (loud as in hahahaha from the audience).
In my roleplay presentation, I was Andy, a husband of a woman who died in a car accident whilst on holiday. Then the company has arranged for the manager to conduct counselling on me. How tragic and sad....
Pour in three dissatisfied customers ignored/harrassed by Andy truely, a towelwrapped dead wife at the mortuary, some ghastly music, a photo of the wifes' graduation and a vodka bottle (extra large), an evil MUAHAHAHA at the end and voila! A recipe for a traditional cure (_augh)to a modern illness (PB_)

Other groups were equally strong. Their jokes were just as creative and very funny. It's definately more fun to be part of the audience appreciating the hard work your classmates have put into. I like rachel's acting. I think she was really cute as a gambling addict. Elena's group was quite special. First time ever there was a talent presentation during my years in Poly. Benjamin was good at the guitar I have to say. But Cally's group really took the pie, I think they only prepared the day before but could conjure up a really funny performance within less than 12 hours. Kudos to them...
I don't think I talked to every one of my classmates but I felt the HRM roleplay did bonded us somewhat, allowing us to look into the other side of the people whom we sit amongst during tutorials.

So anyway, after lunch, I went straight home, only to find my dad had engaged some air-con repairmen to repair what-else. Boy, did they made a mess of my habitat. Home sweet home had become Home sand home. dust was everywhere and soil (I have no idea where the soil came from) powdered all my stuff, including my CDs and books, even the mousepad was not spared.
Not to mention, with soil and dust in the toilet, after I had my bath, the toilet, with the H2o combusting with the DI and RT, became a pig's happyplace, muddy puddles of muck.

As the sands of time did take away my PBL stress, I sure hope it will take away the sands littering my room. With a little help from a vacuum cleaner and broom though =]
I am counting on you, time*!
*oei! Maria! come clean the room NOW!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home