soup du jour
lAsT dAy oF sKoOl pOuR moI!**
**terms and conditions: before the start of my examinations, preceeded by my so-called study break.
Ha... always read the fine print! Today I got up so tired and shagged. *grrrooooaaaannnnssssss* what a good start to the day of August 17 2006, one which would not happen again.
Oh well, I was quite cranky partially because I realised I had lessons at 9am! For the past few weeks, I had not had any marketing lectures after we finished the topics, hence it slipped my mind (yeah I have an eel for a brain). Anyway, being the good boy that I am (I was willing to made the ultimate sacrifice by forfeiting my sleeping-late-on-thursdays addiction that I so grown accustomed to), I decided to crawl my way to school (not exactly crawl to school but squeezing up the canned-sardines-tight bus and watch it crawl pass the morning traffic to school)..
Marketing lecture turned out to be really "interesting". Perhaps the tiredness had managed to slip into my unagi-brain. I tried catching some hints but to no avail. Perhaps I am destined to memorising that awfully thick book. Hopefully it doesn't cook my mind. (Roast eel anyone?)
French tutorial turned out to be much more fun though. The cultural quiz was a breeze, easy-peasy. But after the stroll in the park, was a cool amazing race-style adventure to France, sort-of. I was teamed with thank god, Jols! and thank god, only Jols! We played this game in which we were given a passport (a flimsy piece of paper in which we had to stick our own photos on, using the geeky-looking ones from the school database, yeah apparently its not copyrighted), and get it stamped. By this young ang moh woman, or should I say kim moh woman? Anyway she's really nice and despite the tightening of airport securities presently, we got through without much of a hassle, except a "bonjour, merci" maybe.
The 2nd task would be testing our listening skills to French numbers. You have a choice between two tests, one is for numbers 1-50, the other, for 50-100. Of course you choose the harder one. jk..... Nah, we chose 1-50. After deciphering the robotic noises of the computer (got 18/20), we scrambled into our tutor's room, where our next clue awaits.
Clue 3 was our flight to Paris. We have to catch the next direct flight to Paris. And oh my! My interest in airplanes finally paid off! With key websites lodged at the back of my mind, we were able to catch up with the other teams. I was quite pleased. Some people had thought it was SQ334 to Paris, unfortunately the flight was the 2nd earliest direct one, just 10 mins later.
Here's the flight details:
for the English speaking readers:

Thats our trophy for winning T13's Amazing Race! An off-colour printed picture of the Arc de Triomphe.... lol... well i guess its the recognition that counts
**terms and conditions: before the start of my examinations, preceeded by my so-called study break.
Ha... always read the fine print! Today I got up so tired and shagged. *grrrooooaaaannnnssssss* what a good start to the day of August 17 2006, one which would not happen again.
Oh well, I was quite cranky partially because I realised I had lessons at 9am! For the past few weeks, I had not had any marketing lectures after we finished the topics, hence it slipped my mind (yeah I have an eel for a brain). Anyway, being the good boy that I am (I was willing to made the ultimate sacrifice by forfeiting my sleeping-late-on-thursdays addiction that I so grown accustomed to), I decided to crawl my way to school (not exactly crawl to school but squeezing up the canned-sardines-tight bus and watch it crawl pass the morning traffic to school)..
Marketing lecture turned out to be really "interesting". Perhaps the tiredness had managed to slip into my unagi-brain. I tried catching some hints but to no avail. Perhaps I am destined to memorising that awfully thick book. Hopefully it doesn't cook my mind. (Roast eel anyone?)
French tutorial turned out to be much more fun though. The cultural quiz was a breeze, easy-peasy. But after the stroll in the park, was a cool amazing race-style adventure to France, sort-of. I was teamed with thank god, Jols! and thank god, only Jols! We played this game in which we were given a passport (a flimsy piece of paper in which we had to stick our own photos on, using the geeky-looking ones from the school database, yeah apparently its not copyrighted), and get it stamped. By this young ang moh woman, or should I say kim moh woman? Anyway she's really nice and despite the tightening of airport securities presently, we got through without much of a hassle, except a "bonjour, merci" maybe.
The 2nd task would be testing our listening skills to French numbers. You have a choice between two tests, one is for numbers 1-50, the other, for 50-100. Of course you choose the harder one. jk..... Nah, we chose 1-50. After deciphering the robotic noises of the computer (got 18/20), we scrambled into our tutor's room, where our next clue awaits.
Clue 3 was our flight to Paris. We have to catch the next direct flight to Paris. And oh my! My interest in airplanes finally paid off! With key websites lodged at the back of my mind, we were able to catch up with the other teams. I was quite pleased. Some people had thought it was SQ334 to Paris, unfortunately the flight was the 2nd earliest direct one, just 10 mins later.
Here's the flight details:
for the English speaking readers:
Date: 17 August 2006
Day: Thursday
Flight: AF257 (carrier: Air France)
Duration: 13hours 10minutes
From: Changi International Airport
To: Charles de Gaulle International Airport
Departure time: 2320h
Arrival time: 0630h
and for the French speakers (if any):
Date: 17 août 2006
Jour: jeudi
Vol: AF257 (Compagnie aérienne: Air France)
Durée du voyage: 13 heures 10 minuits
Départ: Aéroport International Changi
Arrivée: Aéroport Roissy-Charles de Gaulle
Heure de départ: 23h20
Heure d'arrivée: 06h30
Then it was a speedy race through the other clues, which included a song (my vocal cords were so rusty as I didnt sang since primary school, Honest!), and a fill-in-the-blanks-thingie on La Tour Eiffel or The Eiffel Tour. Did you know despite being 324m tall, it has only 3 stories! And it was built for the universal exposition celebrating the centernary of the French revolution......zzzzzzz...... ok ok... Move on.
The 7th and final clue was the crossword puzzle! We had to finish an unfinished crossword puzzle. It was quite easy as it was half-done (?) and the vocabulary was within what we had learnt. In the end we won!!!! but it wasn't without Jols' resourcefulness. Thank goodness for her! We only had to run a few metres to the LOM centre to use the computer. Not like the other teams which had to climb down 2 flights of stairs! Thanks so much Jols! I think we made a great "fake-amazing-race" team!
the race made the last day of school rocked. I am thankful to the French department for the event. It made my day, my last day of Semester 2.1. Au revoir...




7 Comments:
Oh cool!! You won something!! Congrats!!
My group came in last..=o= haha~ we were taking our own sweet time actually~
And guess what..? i flunk my culture quiz.. i just hope i'll pass this CDS overall...*sigh*
By
sHeRRy, at 9:25 AM
you'll will, believe me ;)
By
SkyCruiser, at 9:32 AM
Ah.. i forgot to mention that i did badly for my speaking test too... =o=
By
sHeRRy, at 9:35 AM
Ooooh! can't be as bad as me! mine was like the worst! felt so disappointed! oh ya! you are having break already right?! Have fun whilst I struggle through my week of suffering.... blahx.....
And also, are you going for the Waseda Shibuya Senior High School thingie? I signed up but they havent replied me yet... hopefully they let me go
By
SkyCruiser, at 10:11 AM
Ahh...don't worry!! You can do it!! Ganbare~!! Fight-O!
Yup yup~ i am going~~ but not with the school ^0^/ Don't worry, this event is open to the public ^0^/ i suppose this signing up thing is for the SEAL points ^0^/
By
sHeRRy, at 5:03 PM
oh alright!
will see you there ;)
enjoy your holidays for now!
cheerio~
By
SkyCruiser, at 9:55 PM
hey yishien ^0^/
i don't know how to inform you this.. but i've moved ^0^/ (i mean my blog XDD) it's currently located over here >>> http://ichigosundae.blogspot.com/
By
sHeRRy, at 7:20 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home