code.share

Sunday, May 28, 2006

the last stand

Saturday, definitely a blessing which brought much relief to my hectic week. Didn't get much sleep, including running a 18 hour sleepless marathon on Thursday through a cold night, then boring lectures, comical french and dreamy tutorial classes. Sure drilled the dreadiness feeling into my gut.
Friday was alright, it was Campus Care Network Day in school, which only signifies the transformation of students into salesgirls and hawkers peddling their goods for the good of the world. For my class, our idea for the noble cause was the selling of fish balls. And boy, it turned out that Singaporeans are a big fan of fish balls after all. Sold all of it within an hour. But it's sure an unpleasant day for me. Oh well, for charity's sake, it was worth it.

Then came Saturday. ooh wee~~ what bliss. A day to relax.. like FINALLY. anyway, i was quite happy when my god bro Mervyn (thanks man) invited me out for a movie: X-men: the Last Stand.

I was thrilled. I don't know but I am quite fascinated by their supernatural powers. I especially like Mystique, her shapeshifting ability is amazing.
Anyway, the movie was, how can i describe, so powerful. I was wowed over by the spectacular effects of the mutants and their destruction (of bridges and vehicles that is). Apart from the electrifying stunts, the storyline bowled me over. Quite sad at some points, I was quite heartened and touched. The gaze in Jean's eyes.. so powerful yet so vulnerable...

The movie left me a haunting impression, one of the vulnerability that is human, yet a beast inside all of us which will fight for what you hold sacred. Be it rebellion or war, there is a battle to be won, to liberate ourselves in this world or within our soul. In Jean's words, "save me..."

The Last Stand, are you ready?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home