of crabs and j-subculture.
Whats the best thing to do on a lethargic Monday morning dyed with a sad hue of blue?
.....
....
...
..
.
*Bling!*
Blog about your weekend of course!
anywayz.
I couldnt really grasp their names but 2 of them are from Japan and 1 is a Singaporean. They apparently had just met each other on Friday and hastily trained hard to put on a stellar act that day. The older guy, apparently, works with Namie Amuro and other J-pop acts and is training DAWN YEO. That's Dawn Yeo with the plastically configured tupperware for a face. The one in green is a Singaporean who trained overseas I guess and the other Japanese guy has been training since he was 16. The guys rounded up their act by doing individual dances. Way smooth.

After their performance, one was interviewed by the Host (this really funny "girl" in a hilarious
Here are some other photos I took that day:
My fav airline!!! JAPAN AIRLINES!!!!
Yeah and magically whilst on the way to Marina Square, my shirt changed. The day was so hot and I wonder why.....
.....
....
...
..
.
*Bling!*
Blog about your weekend of course!
anywayz.
DAY 1:
Mine started off by sleeping late, a tiring week at school the past few days sure didnt help to ease my desire for some good forty winks.
When I awoke, I was surprised to see a pailful of crabs near the washing machine. And when you see angry crustaceans so bondaged up and pondering on their fate (or lack of) you think: a chilli crab feast. This time, its for my whole family on my maternal side, like my cousins and uncles and the whole family tree.
Anywayz, my dad told me there were 10 crabs (all males. pity those guys. the next time they get laid is on a plate smothering with chilli crab sauce) which costed like a whooping $100 (5kg of crabs). That's like $20 per KG. Apparently the store came highly recommended.
However, my maid, let's call her "Maria", counted the crabs later... she found only 9.
9? This could only mean one thing. A crab on the loose!
And the first thing we did was to look under the tables and chairs and of course, the WASHING MACHINE. Even the toilet was not spared. But no crab was visible. After searching high and low (or rather low and low), we looked at the crabs again and thought, we don't really see any difference in the quantity. Could it be my dad's miscalculation? After all, I personally cant differentiate the crabs, they all look as handsome as the next.
So the only way to find out the truth was to weigh the crabs on the weighing scale. If its 5kg of crabs, we are safe, if not, perhaps one was really doing a Nemo breakout. But to our horror, the weight of the remaining crabs was only 3.6kg. That's 1.5kg of crab missing. Even if a crab was missing, no way its going to be the Crab King himself. Immediately, I thought CONNED! The crab seller shortchanged us $30 worth of crabs.
When my dad came home and my sis awoken (yeah i sleep like a pig but nothing compares to her), we argued over the serious issue of crab-cheating. Issues ran from rigged scales to bad recommendations, all centering around the dishonest crabmonger (think: the elections=> crap-monger Gomez). Claws shot out as tension rose, no doubt my sister's and my "proffessional" analysis of the situation was less than comforting to my dad's dilemma (as he was the one that bought those crabs).
Anyway, we decided that the scales were indeed rigged and we were going to complain the next day. In the meantime, my dad went to pick up my mom and grandmother to go to the voting booths to do you-know-what and my sis and I sprawled on the floor, watching TV. While my dad was gone, some movement caught my eye and I caught sight of a crab tiptoeing across the floor, near the table. It was a surprise and I immediately call for assistence. "Target spotted! Target location acquired!"
Soon the escapee was tossed back into its pail with its fellow brethren. Weighing the crab, it was around 400g. So I guess we were "only" cheated of 1 full KG of disagreeable crustaceans.
When my parents got back, however, they brought in a plastic bag. Guess what was in it? Apparently my grandmother had found a crab in the car! Apparently, it had escaped whilst my dad was driving back home.
So now we had like 11 crabs. Weighing the crab, it was also 400g. Realising that she "only" cheated us of 600g, our opinion of the honesty level of the crabseller was restored.
Anyway, the crab feast was alright. Thank goodness my mom bought extra roasted chicken, because the crabs were not quite enough for my greedy family. It was a good meal I guess, and a good end (pun not intended) to the pail breakout drama of the determined yet delicious crustaceans.
DAY 2:
Mine started off by sleeping late, a tiring week at school the past few days sure didnt help to ease my desire for some good forty winks.
When I awoke, I was surprised to see a pailful of crabs near the washing machine. And when you see angry crustaceans so bondaged up and pondering on their fate (or lack of) you think: a chilli crab feast. This time, its for my whole family on my maternal side, like my cousins and uncles and the whole family tree.
Anywayz, my dad told me there were 10 crabs (all males. pity those guys. the next time they get laid is on a plate smothering with chilli crab sauce) which costed like a whooping $100 (5kg of crabs). That's like $20 per KG. Apparently the store came highly recommended.
However, my maid, let's call her "Maria", counted the crabs later... she found only 9.
9? This could only mean one thing. A crab on the loose!
And the first thing we did was to look under the tables and chairs and of course, the WASHING MACHINE. Even the toilet was not spared. But no crab was visible. After searching high and low (or rather low and low), we looked at the crabs again and thought, we don't really see any difference in the quantity. Could it be my dad's miscalculation? After all, I personally cant differentiate the crabs, they all look as handsome as the next.
So the only way to find out the truth was to weigh the crabs on the weighing scale. If its 5kg of crabs, we are safe, if not, perhaps one was really doing a Nemo breakout. But to our horror, the weight of the remaining crabs was only 3.6kg. That's 1.5kg of crab missing. Even if a crab was missing, no way its going to be the Crab King himself. Immediately, I thought CONNED! The crab seller shortchanged us $30 worth of crabs.
When my dad came home and my sis awoken (yeah i sleep like a pig but nothing compares to her), we argued over the serious issue of crab-cheating. Issues ran from rigged scales to bad recommendations, all centering around the dishonest crabmonger (think: the elections=> crap-monger Gomez). Claws shot out as tension rose, no doubt my sister's and my "proffessional" analysis of the situation was less than comforting to my dad's dilemma (as he was the one that bought those crabs).
Anyway, we decided that the scales were indeed rigged and we were going to complain the next day. In the meantime, my dad went to pick up my mom and grandmother to go to the voting booths to do you-know-what and my sis and I sprawled on the floor, watching TV. While my dad was gone, some movement caught my eye and I caught sight of a crab tiptoeing across the floor, near the table. It was a surprise and I immediately call for assistence. "Target spotted! Target location acquired!"
Soon the escapee was tossed back into its pail with its fellow brethren. Weighing the crab, it was around 400g. So I guess we were "only" cheated of 1 full KG of disagreeable crustaceans.
When my parents got back, however, they brought in a plastic bag. Guess what was in it? Apparently my grandmother had found a crab in the car! Apparently, it had escaped whilst my dad was driving back home.
So now we had like 11 crabs. Weighing the crab, it was also 400g. Realising that she "only" cheated us of 600g, our opinion of the honesty level of the crabseller was restored.
Anyway, the crab feast was alright. Thank goodness my mom bought extra roasted chicken, because the crabs were not quite enough for my greedy family. It was a good meal I guess, and a good end (pun not intended) to the pail breakout drama of the determined yet delicious crustaceans.

DAY 2:
Had to wake up earlier because I was going to the Japan fair at Plaza Singapura today. I was looking forward to the event after reading it in the newspapers the week earlier. It's gonna be great. After the quick lunch which I barely had time to finish (waking up earlier for me doesn't really mean morning-early), I was jumping into my dad's car as he was going to drop me off at the nearest MRT station. However, something stopped me in my tracks.
I FOUND ANOTHER CRAB in the car!!!!
Boy, how many of these guys are there? But this one is dead though. Starting to turn alittle reddish too. But giving it a whiff, my nostrils sensed the crab is still edible.
Throwing the carcass to "Maria", I hurried off to catch the performances at the fair. I was looking forward to the J-Pop Style Street Dance Show. It was going to be cool. One of the best stuff about J-pop is the funky and sleek moves of J-dance. Just check out the Kattun "Real Face" vid I have a few entries back.
Anyway I was early and I noticed quite a few girls dressed up in cos-play attire. Not too spectacular but a few did look quite Japanese. Walking pass them, I could rule that stereotype out. 100% Singaporean~ But quite a few looked really cute; kawaii ne. I guess they are part of the Japanese Anime Costume Show which was scheduled after the dance performance.
The dance was awesome. The guys did know their stuff and boy did they strut it. Blending the cool dance moves with polished team effort, they were amazing. 

I couldnt really grasp their names but 2 of them are from Japan and 1 is a Singaporean. They apparently had just met each other on Friday and hastily trained hard to put on a stellar act that day. The older guy, apparently, works with Namie Amuro and other J-pop acts and is training DAWN YEO. That's Dawn Yeo with the plastically configured tupperware for a face. The one in green is a Singaporean who trained overseas I guess and the other Japanese guy has been training since he was 16. The guys rounded up their act by doing individual dances. Way smooth.
After the act, it was the cos-players' turn to bring it on. Their cutesy act began with individual girls prancing, skipping, hopping to left and right of the stage before all of them appeared to dance a choreographed act. Some of them look really bubbly. Here are some photos:




After their performance, one was interviewed by the Host (this really funny "girl" in a hilarious costume). She described cos-play as dressing up as a character you like, and imitating their moves and estimated there are more than 100 cosplayers in Singapore. (I did caught an eyeful of 2 of them in the audience... goth sweethearts... really scary... yeah coz the guy had as much makeup as the girl.)
After the show we could take more photos with the cosplayers before they changed out of their (so we were told) $1000 outfits.
That's me with the pretty ladies. =]

Here are some other photos I took that day:me with the dance-masters

My fav airline!!! JAPAN AIRLINES!!!!
Yeah and magically whilst on the way to Marina Square, my shirt changed. The day was so hot and I wonder why.....



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home